Visits and Visitors
Enriching our learners skills and knowledge trough real life experiences away from the classroom is an important part of our curriculum at Mill Dam therefore we try to provide a wide range of trips and visitor over the year for all of our learners.
All topics incorporate an educational visit or a visitor close to the start and each term finishes with an ‘inspire’ day event where parents come to share and celebrate their children’s work.
In key stage 2 one of these visits each year is a residential or extended visit – this usually takes place early in the autumn term. The school ensures that all children are able to attend curriculum based visits which take place during the school day, regardless of Special educational need or disadvantage.
The residential visits are organised to cover a mix of topic content related experience and S.M.S.C development. The current cycle of residential experiences is:
- Cycle 1 – London extended day visit – including Houses of Parliament visit and MP meeting, linked to British Values and monarchy topic work
- Cycle 2 – KS2 Castleton residential – linked to history and geography topic work
- Cycle 3 – KS2 Kingswood / PGL – developing personal skills and teamwork
- Cycle 4 – Filey Residential – linked to geography topic work
- 6th February, KS2 trip to Magna
- 10th June, KS2 trip to the RHS Countryside Day
- 12th June, Year 4 resilience day at Ackworth School